30-Minute Kung Pao Cauliflower Recipe: One Dang Good Meatless Monday Recipe by 30Seconds Food
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 large cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced thin
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced thin
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh ginger
- crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
- 2/3 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup or agave nectar
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 bunch green onion, ends trimmed and chopped
- 1/2 cup peanuts
Here's how to make it:
- Put the cauliflower florets and sliced peppers onto a baking sheet. Bake in a preheated 450-degree F oven until they begin to lightly brown, about 12 to 15 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Combine the soy sauce, maple syrup, rice wine vinegar and balsamic vinegar in a bowl. Set aside.
- While the cauliflower bakes, heat the sesame oil in a skillet. Add garlic, ginger and crushed red pepper flakes, and cook, stirring, about 2 minutes (do not burn the garlic). Pour in the soy sauce mixture and cook, stirring, about 2 to 3 minutes or until it thickens.
- Combine the water and cornstarch. Whisk the slurry into the sauce. Cook, stirring, about 1 minute.
- Add the cauliflower, peppers, green onions and peanuts. Stir to combine. Serve over rice, if desired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.