This Flavorful Cabbage Diet Soup Recipe Is Clean Eating On Steroids by 30Seconds Food
It is said that eating cabbage soup may help you lose weight. Experts aren't so sure about this diet because you follow it for one week, which they say may not be long enough for weight loss that sticks.
What do we think? We think this low-calorie cabbage soup recipe is so delicious and nutritious, it's like clean eating on steroids. So, it's worth making just because of that!
Here's your shopping list for this wholesome cabbage soup recipe: olive oil, onion, garlic, celery, carrots, bell pepper, chicken broth, diced tomatoes, cabbage, oregano, basil and crushed red pepper flakes. This flavor-packed, gluten-free soup is ready in only about 40 minutes, making it an easy option for lunch or for dinner.
Have you done the cabbage soup diet? Tell us in the comments section below how it worked for you.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 can (14 ounces) diced tomatoes with basil, oregano and garlic
- 1/2 head cabbage, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, or to taste
- Mixing Spoon
- Soup Pot
- Cutting Board
- Chef Knife
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Soup Bowls
- Salt and Pepper
- Airtight Containers
- Garlic Press
- Pepper Grinder
- Dutch Oven
- Wooden Spoon
- Feel free to add any additional vegetables you prefer, such as broccoli.
- You can use a red, yellow or orange bell pepper, if you prefer, instead of green.
- Store the soup in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Reheat in the microwave or on the stovetop in a saucepot.
- This soup freezes well – you may want to have some in reserve for a rainy (or snowy) day!
Here's how to make it:
- Heat the olive oil in a large soup pot. Add the celery, onion, carrots and bell pepper. Cook until softened, about 5 to 7 minutes. Add the garlic and cook 30 seconds.
- Add the chicken broth, tomatoes and cabbage. Simmer gently until cabbage is tender, about 15 minutes.
- Add the oregano, basil and red pepper flakes. Season with salt and pepper.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Total Fat: 4.4g
Saturated Fat: 0.7g
Total Carbohydrate: 8.3g
Dietary Fiber: 2.2g
Total Sugars: 4.5g
Vitamin D: 0mcg
Recipe cooking times, nutritional information and servings are approximate and provided for your convenience. However, 30Seconds is not responsible for the outcome of any recipe, nor may you have the same results because of variations in ingredients, temperatures, altitude, errors, omissions or cooking/baking abilities. This recipe has been analyzed by VeryWellFit. However, any nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and it is up to the individual to ascertain accuracy. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.