Best Rum Cake Recipe Ever: This Easy Boozy Cake Is Unforgettable by Donna John
Needing another dessert for Christmas, my friend shared her easy rum cake recipe with me. Thank you, friend! This is the easiest rum cake to prepare, smells heavenly and is moist and full of vanilla, butter and rum flavor. Now it's made year-round and not just at the holidays.
The moist rum cake is made with a box of yellow cake mix, a box of instant vanilla pudding, eggs, vegetable oil, water and rum. While the cake bakes, make the glaze with a stick of butter, granulated sugar, water and rum. When the cake comes out of the oven, poke holes all over it and pour the glaze on so it seeps down into the cake. Let the cake cool before serving.
This delicious rum cake dessert recipe will be a new family tradition, for the holidays and beyond. I don't even associate it with the holidays anymore because I've made it so much. It adds a tropical feel to the cooler months and a festive feel to summer gatherings.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 50 to 60 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour (approximately)
- 1 box (15 ounces) yellow cake mix
- 1 box (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup white rum or spiced rum
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup white rum or spiced rum
- I used Duncan Hines Butter Golden cake mix.
- I used spiced rum, but regular white rum would work fine.
- Poking holes in the cake helps the glaze sink down into the cake. You can use a chopstick, skewer or even a toothpick.
Here's how to make it:
- With an electric mixer, combine the cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, oil, water and rum. Beat well.
- Pour into a greased and floured bundt pan (one that holds at least 10 cups). Bake in a preheated 325-degree F oven for about 50 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- While the cake bakes, combine the butter, sugar and water in a saucepot. Bring to a boil, stirring, until everything is melted together and combined. Turn off the heat and stir in the rum.
- When the cake comes out of the oven, pour the glaze over it while it is still in the pan (my friend likes to poke holes in it first).
- Let the cake cool, then unmold onto a serving platter.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Total Fat: 16.2g
Saturated Fat: 6.9g
Total Carbohydrate: 31.1g
Dietary Fiber: 0.1g
Total Sugars: 28.2g
Vitamin D: 12mcg
Recipe cooking times, nutritional information and servings are approximate and provided for your convenience. However, 30Seconds is not responsible for the outcome of any recipe, nor may you have the same results because of variations in ingredients, temperatures, altitude, errors, omissions or cooking/baking abilities. This recipe has been analyzed by VeryWellFit. However, any nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and it is up to the individual to ascertain accuracy. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.