Vegetable Pasta Soup Recipe With Pesto & Parmesan: This Comforting Vegetable Soup Recipe Cooks in 20 Minutes by 30Seconds Food
Vegetable pasta soup is always a great meal on cool nights, but top it with pesto and Parmesan and it goes up a few rungs on the delicious ladder. Better yet? This vegetable and pasta soup recipe cooks in about 20 minutes!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 rib celery, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup green beans, trimmed and cut into pieces
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 can white beans, rinsed and drained (optional)
- 1/3 cup ditalini or other small pasta
- pesto, for serving
- grated Parmesan, for serving
Here's how to make it:
- In a large soup pot, cook the onion, carrots and celery in the olive oil until soft, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Add the garlic and cook 30 seconds.
- Add the green beans, zucchini and thyme. Cook about 3 minutes more.
- Add the tomatoes and chicken broth. Bring to a boil, then add the pasta and white beans. Cover and cook until pasta is tender, about 8 to 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Ladle soup into bowls and top with a dollop of pesto and some Parmesan cheese.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.