Cheddar Bay Biscuits Recipe With a Twist: My Favorite Time-Saving (and Delicious!) Holiday Hack by Ann Marie Gardinier Halstead
I am not particularly comfortable hosting a dinner or holiday party, at least not the cooking part. I’d much rather plan the menu, grocery shop or – my favorite part – plan and execute the décor or theme. Baking, crafting and decorating you can do in advance. Cooking, however, takes place mostly all at once and the timing is so important, which tends to overwhelm me. So I look for hacks wherever I can.
This is one of my favorite hacks ever. My family’s favorite biscuits are absolutely delicious. You might think they’re a treasured family recipe but in fact, they come from – wait for it – a box! They’re Red Lobster’s Cheddar Bay Biscuit Mix and you can find it at a grocery store and some discount stores, too.
I highly recommend making this mix because the biscuits are delicious and also because you’ll save yourself some precious time during a busy (and potentially stressful) season!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 14 to 16 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
Servings; Makes 8 to 10 biscuits
- 3/4 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 pouch Cheddar Bay Biscuit Mix (included in box)
Herb Butter Sauce
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 pouch garlic herb blend (included in box)
Here's how to make it:
- Stir together water, cheese and Cheddar Bay Biscuit Mix until dough forms. Be careful not to overmix. Immediately scoop dough into 8 to 10 portions (approximately 1/4 cup each). Place 2 inches apart onto a greased baking sheet.
- Bake in a preheated 425-degree F oven for 14 to 16 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown on top.
- Melt butter. Add garlic herb blend to butter and stir until well blended. Brush 1 teaspoon herb butter sauce onto each hot biscuit. Serve immediately.
Photo (main): Red Lobster Twitter
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.