Cranberry Pecan Cheese Ball Recipe: An Incredible Thanksgiving Appetizer by 30Seconds Food
We tend to concentrate on the turkey on Thanksgiving, but what about some fabulous appetizers to whet the appetite? How about a cranberry pecan cheese ball? This easy appetizer recipe covers all the bases: creamy, tart, sweet and crunchy.
To make this creamy, gluten-free cheese ball, you need just a few simple ingredients. Here is your short vegetarian shopping list: cream cheese, sharp cheddar cheese, dried cranberries, pecans, garlic powder and fresh chives. This low-sodium cheese ball looks so festive and fun, and tastes just as good as it looks.
Serve this addictive pecan and cranberry cheese ball recipe with crackers or pretzels and get ready for the recipe requests.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese (white or yellow)
- 1 cup dried cranberries, chopped (divided)
- 1 cup chopped pecans (divided)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- chopped fresh chives, for garnish (optional)
- Serving Platters
- Cutting Board
- Chef Knife
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Salt and Pepper
- Mixing Bowl
- If you don't have fresh chives, finely chop the tops of green onions.
- Try this recipe with your favorite cheese.
- Instead of pecans, use almonds or walnuts.
Here's how to make it:
- Combine the cream cheese, cheddar cheese, half the pecans, half the cranberries and garlic powder. Shape the mixture into a ball and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- When ready to serve, roll the cheese ball in the remaining pecans and cranberries. Garnish with chives.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Total Fat: 11.6g
Saturated Fat: 6.3g
Total Carbohydrate: 1.9g
Dietary Fiber: 0.6g
Total Sugars: 0.5g
Vitamin D: 1mcg
Recipe cooking times, nutritional information and servings are approximate and provided for your convenience. However, 30Seconds is not responsible for the outcome of any recipe, nor may you have the same results because of variations in ingredients, temperatures, altitude, errors, omissions or cooking/baking abilities. This recipe has been analyzed by VeryWellFit. However, any nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and it is up to the individual to ascertain accuracy. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.