Roasted Sweet Potato Casserole Recipe With Toasted Meringue by 30Seconds Food
Sweet potatoes are just a must at your Thanksgiving or Christmas table. This honey roasted sweet potato casserole recipe only looks like it took all day to make. In reality, this easy Thanksgiving side dish recipe is super simple and doesn't require much prep work.
To make this easy, gluten-free sweet potato casserole recipe you will need sweet potatoes, honey, olive oil, ground cinnamon, eggs, cream of tartar, salt and sugar. That's it! Not only is this a delicious vegetarian sweet potato casserole recipe, but it's also a great excuse to buy a kitchen torch.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 6 egg whites, at room temperature
- 1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar
- dash of salt
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- Kitchen Torch
- Electric Mixer
- Cutting Board
- Chef Knife
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Salt and Pepper
- Baking Dishes
- Vegetable Peeler
- If you don't have a kitchen torch, simply pop the completed casserole under the broiler for a minute. Watch it closely so it doesn't burn.
- Cut the sweet potatoes all the same size so the cook at the same time.
Here's how to make it:
- Combine the honey, olive oil and cinnamon in a small bowl. Put the sweet potatoes into a casserole dish. Season with salt and pepper. Pour the honey mixture over the top and toss to coat. Bake in a preheated 375-degree F oven for about 30 minutes, stirring a couple of times while they cook.
- To make the meringue, beat the egg whites, cream of tartar and salt with an electric mixer on low until frothy, about 30 seconds. Turn the mixer to high and beat until soft peaks form, about 1 minute. Slowly start adding in the sugar and beat until glossy, about 5 minutes.
- Spoon the meringue over the potatoes when they are fully cooked. Broil for about 1 minute to brown or use a kitchen torch.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Total Fat: 4.9g
Saturated Fat: 0.7g
Total Carbohydrate: 81.3g
Dietary Fiber: 3.8g
Total Sugars: 56.4g
Vitamin D: 0mcg
Recipe cooking times, nutritional information and servings are approximate and provided for your convenience. However, 30Seconds is not responsible for the outcome of any recipe, nor may you have the same results because of variations in ingredients, temperatures, altitude, errors, omissions or cooking/baking abilities. This recipe has been analyzed by VeryWellFit. However, any nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and it is up to the individual to ascertain accuracy. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.