Moroccan Red Lentil Soup Recipe: This Easy Lentil Soup Recipe Is Nourishing & Satisfying by Java Hemmat
Cooking is love made visible! I foraged in my fridge, and with a few staple ingredients, I cooked this Moroccan red lentil soup recipe that will be on repeat all winter. Made with Marrakech spice blend, the warmth of color and flavor is nourishing and satiating.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour and 15 minutes
Servings: 6 to 8
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, mined fine
- 2 - 3 carrots, diced
- 2 - 3 ribs celery, diced
- 1 - 2 tablespoons Marrakech Spice Blend or Moroccan seasoning blend
- 1 heaping tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 cup red lentils, washed
- 4 - 5 cups water or broth
- 1/2 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
- lemon and cilantro, for garnish
Here's how to make it:
- Place a stock pot over medium heat and warm extra virgin olive oil. Cook the onions until fragrant. Add the garlic for a few minutes. Be mindful to not burn the garlic. Add celery and carrots and cook until semi-soft.
- Bloom Marrakech spice blend for 10 seconds and incorporate the tomato paste to caramelize for less than a minute. Add red lentils and water and/or stock.
- Season with salt and bring to boil. Turn the heat to low and softly simmer for 45 minutes until red lentils are completely soft. Adjust seasoning.
- Pour in your favorite bowls and garnish with cilantro and a squeeze of lemon.
Note: Caramelize tomato paste for less than a minute. This is a delicate process so make sure to be present and be ready to add fluids, otherwise it will give off a bitter taste.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Stock Pots $10 & Up
Moroccan Seasoning Blends $3 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
Tomato Paste $1 & Up
Red Lentils $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.