Love Those Lentils: How to Make Spinach & Lentils in a Veggie Tomato Sauce! by Samantha Martin
Lentils treated like a yummy pasta dish? Yes! I had leftover lentils and a batch of veggie tomato sauce, and it turned into a delicious vegan lunch.
- veggie tomato sauce (recipe below)
- olive oil
- vegan mozzarella
- garlic salt
Here's how to make it:
- Cook the lentils as directed and set aside.
- If you plan on making your own veggie tomato sauce start that process. I made a big batch and saved in the fridge to have on hand for these occasions. For the sauce, in a food processor add a large can of tomatoes and whatever veggies you choose to blend. I did spinach and broccoli, then added seasonings like garlic salt, onion powder, basil and nutritional yeast. Set sauce aside.
- Cook spinach in a sauté pan with olive oil and salt. Once it wilts down add in the lentils and the sauce. Stir to thoroughly mix together.
- Turn off the heat and add vegan mozzarella (I like Daiya mozzarella shreds). Melt and add garlic salt.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Lentils $4 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.