Raspberry Almond Thumbprint Cookie Recipe: You’ll Want to Add This Italian Cookie to Your Holiday Trays by Ann Marie Patitucci
My mom Mary Ann, who the grandkids affectionately call Mimi, can often be found in the kitchen, happily cooking or baking everyone’s favorites. Her raspberry almond thumbprint cookie recipe reminds me of family gatherings and the holidays. I’ve decided to publish the recipe here at 30Seconds for two reasons: to archive it forever and to share it so that you can make it a part of your family traditions as well.
Prep Time: 15 minutes plus 1 hour to chill the dough
Bake Time: 11 to 14 minutes
Total Time: 1 1/2 hours
Servings: Makes about 3 1/2 dozen cookies
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup seedless raspberry jam
Here's how to make it:
- Using an electric mixer, combine the sugar, butter, vanilla and flour. Beat at medium speed until creamy, 2 to 3 minutes. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place them 2 inches apart on cookie sheets. With your thumb, make an indentation in the center of each cookie (edges make crack slightly). Fill each indentation with approximately 1/4 teaspoon of jam.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for 11 to 14 minutes or until edges are just slightly browned. Let stand for 1 minute, then remove from the cookie sheet. Cool completely.
- Mix glaze ingredients in a small bowl with a wire whisk until smooth. Drizzle the glaze over the cookies.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Electric Mixers $15 & Up
Baking Sheets $9 & Up
Powdered Sugar $3 & Up
Vanilla Extract $4 & Up
Almond Extract $3 & Up
Sugar $2 & Up
Flour $2 & Up
Seedless Raspberry Jam $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.