Quick & Easy Paprika & Turmeric Rice Recipe Has a Crispy Ending by 30Seconds Food
You could stir some leftover chicken or pork into the rice to make a complete meal. For a little heat, add some crushed red pepper flakes.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 to 25 minutes
Total Time: 25 to 30 minutes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon paprika or smoked paprika
- 2 cups chicken broth, vegetable broth or water
Here's how to make it:
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet with a lid. Add the onion and cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook 30 seconds.
- Add the rice and cook, stirring, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the salt, turmeric paprika and chicken broth. Season with black pepper, to taste. Bring to a simmer, reduce heat, cover and cook until rice is tender and broth has absorbed, about 15 to 20 minutes. Drizzle with a little olive oil before serving.
- Optional step: Sprinkle with paprika and olive oil and put the rice under the broiler for a minute to crisp the top. (Do not walk away! It happens quickly.)
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Skillets With Lids $10 & Up
Paprika $3 & Up
Smoked Paprika $3 & Up
Turmeric $3 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
Rice $2 & Up
Chicken Broth $1 & Up
Vegetable Broth $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.