One-Pan Amish Creamed Chicken Recipe With Noodles Is Ready in 20 Minutes by 30Seconds Food
Need some stick-to-your-ribs comfort food in your life? This easy Amish recipe is similar to chicken a la king, but served over pasta. The Amish typically use egg noodles, but you can use whatever pasta you like. This creamed chicken recipe with mushrooms, peppers and peas is on the table in 20 minutes. Kids even love it!
To make this one-pan chicken dinner, you'll need butter, red bell pepper, mushrooms, flour, garlic powder, milk or cream, chicken broth, chopped cooked chicken and frozen green peas. Everything comes together in one pan, so there is minimal cleanup. Perfect, right?
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter (divided)
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup milk or cream
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 3 - 4 cups chopped, cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup frozen green peas
- cooked pasta or egg noodles, for serving
- If you don't have leftover chicken, season two or three boneless chicken breasts and cook in a skillet until done. Remove, cool slightly and shred or chop.
Here's how to make it:
- Melt 4 tablespoons of the butter in a skillet. Add the bell pepper and mushrooms. Cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Remove to a plate.
- Melt the remaining butter in the same skillet. Add the flour and garlic powder. Whisk until smooth.
- Slowly whisk in the milk and chicken broth. Bring to a simmer, reduce heat to low and cook about 3 to 5 minutes. (You can add more chicken broth if it gets too thick.)
- Add the mushrooms and bell pepper back to the skillet along with the chicken and peas. Cook until warmed through, about 2 to 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.