Grandma's Easy Pumpkin Pie Cookies Recipe With Vanilla Pumpkin Spice Frosting by Ann Marie Patitucci
I come from a long line of Italian women who love to cook and bake and are naturally skilled at it (well, except me!). My mom, aka Grandma to my kids, is one of the best. I’ve always wanted to archive her recipes, and publishing them on 30Seconds is the perfect way to do so!
This is Grandma's easy pumpkin pie cookie recipe with an optional vanilla pumpkin spice frosting. While you don't need to top the cookies with this delicious frosting, I highly recommend it! Here's your easy shopping list for this pumpkin pie-style dessert: flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, pumpkin pie spice, pumpkin puree, butter, sugar, vanilla extract and an egg. For the icing, you need powdered sugar, milk, butter, vanilla and pumpkin pie spice. Sounds amazing, right? It is!
Grandma's easy pumpkin cookies are ready in about 25 minutes and make a wonderful snack or a simple dessert. These yummy and festive low-sodium cookies are especially perfect during fall and the holiday season!
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup soft butter
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Electric Mixer
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Rubber Spatula
- Mixing Bowl
- Nonstick Cooking Spray
- Stand Mixer
- Baking Pan
- Wooden Spoon
- Store the cookies in an airtight food container.
- These cookies are delicious on their own or topped with the decadent frosting.
- If you want these cookies to be gluten-free, use gluten-free flour.
- Makes about 2 dozen cookies, depending on the size.
Here's how to make them:
- Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and pumpkin pie spice in a bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Cream the sugar and butter together. Add the pumpkin, vanilla and egg. Beat until creamy.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Beat well.
- Form dough into balls and place on a greased cookie sheet. Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for 15 to 20 minutes.
- If you'd like to frost the cookies, allow them to cool before frosting.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Total Fat: 4.3g
Saturated Fat: 2.6g
Total Carbohydrate: 33.7g
Dietary Fiber: 0.7g
Total Sugars: 22.8g
Vitamin D: 3mcg
Recipe cooking times, nutritional information and servings are approximate and provided for your convenience. However, 30Seconds is not responsible for the outcome of any recipe, nor may you have the same results because of variations in ingredients, temperatures, altitude, errors, omissions or cooking/baking abilities. This recipe has been analyzed by VeryWellFit. However, any nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and it is up to the individual to ascertain accuracy. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.