Fried Calamari Sandwich Recipe With Garlic Aioli: A Delicious Fried Squid Sandwich Recipe to Eat While You Watch "Squid Game" by 30Seconds Food
If you're obsessed with Netflix's South Korean survival drama Squid Game like so many are, you'll need something to munch on while you watch. How about a fried squid sandwich? This easy calamari sandwich recipe with a creamy garlic aioli is easy and quick to make so you can get back to binge watching.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Servings: 4 to 6
- 1 pound fresh squid, bodies and tentacles separated and cut into rings
- 2 cups flour
- oil, for frying
- sandwich rolls, toasted
- 2 cloves garlic, mashed into a paste
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
Here's how to make it:
- To make the garlic aioli, combine all the ingredients in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil in a large pot or deep fryer to 325 degrees F.
- Put the flour into a brown bag or bowl. Add the squid and shake or dredge to coat. Fry the squid in the hot oil until golden brown, about 1 minute. Transfer to a paper towel to drain. Season with sea salt. Repeat with remaining squid.
- To assemble the sandwiches, spread aioli onto the toasted sandwich rolls. Top with the fried squid. Serve immediately.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.