Fig Crumble Bars Recipe: An Easy Fig Bar Cookie Recipe You'll Be Sweet On by 30Seconds Food
If you love Fig Newtons, you're going to be obsessed with this easy fig crumble bar recipe. The figgy bars are super simple to make! Keep them in an airtight container for snacking, satisfying that sweet tooth, a quick breakfast or serve them with coffee or tea.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour and 10 minutes
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 8 ounces dried figs
- 3/4 cup apple juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Here's how to make it:
- To make the crust, combine the flour and sugar in a food processor. Pulse until combined. Add the butter and continue to pulse until coarse crumbs are formed.
- Line a square baking pan with parchment paper so it overlaps on all sides. Pour half of the batter into the pan and press to cover the bottom.
- To make the filling, put all the filling ingredients into the food processor. Blend until it looks like a paste. Spread the filling over the batter.
- Drop clumps of the remaining batter over the top.
- Bake in a preheated 375-degree F oven for about 1 hour. Cool completely before removing from the pan and cutting into squares.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Square Baking Pans $8 & Up
Food Processors $30 & Up
Dried Figs $5 & Up
Flour $2 & Up
Apple Juice $2 & Up
Cinnamon $3 & Up
Parchment Paper $3 & Up
Granulated Sugar $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.