This Oma-Approved German Potato Salad Recipe Is So Easy to Make by 30Seconds Food
German potato salad is a warm potato salad made with a vinegar-based dressing. While some German potato salad recipes have bacon, this one does not, but feel free to add it if you'd like. We think Oma would approve.
Prep Time: 5 minutes plus time to rest
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
- 1 pound small new potatoes
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon whole-grain mustard or Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup warm chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- chopped green onions or chopped fresh parley, for garnish
Here's how to make it:
- Cook the potatoes in boiling, salted water until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain. Peel the potatoes, if you'd like, or leave the skin on.
- Put the potatoes into a large bowl. Chop into small pieces, if desired. Add the onion and stir to combine.
- Combine the mustard, vinegar, olive oil, broth and sugar in a bowl. Whisk to combine. Pour it over the potatoes and mix well. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Let the potato salad sit at room temperature for at least 30 minutes before serving. Garnish with parsley or green onions.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Dijon Mustard $2 & Up
Whole Grain Mustard $2 & Up
Apple Cider Vinegar $1 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
Granulated Sugar $2 & Up
Chicken Broth $1 & Up
Large Pot $10 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.