Skinny Baked Eggplant Recipe With Ricotta: A Healthy Vegetarian Italian Dinner by Sarah Amona
Tender eggplant is topped with ricotta, mozzarella and tomatoes for a quick, healthy dinner. If you want a chunkier tomato sauce, don't blend the tomatoes and you can adjust the amounts to suit your tastes. Serve this easy, cheesy baked eggplant recipe with a salad or your favorite vegetable.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour and 10 minutes
Servings: 2 to 3
- 1 eggplant, sliced thin
- 4 ounces part-skim ricotta cheese
- 2 ounces reduced-fat mozzarella cheese
- 1 can Italian diced tomatoes (you will use 1/2 cup for this recipe)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
Here's how to make it:
- Put the eggplant on a baking sheet that's been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for 20 minutes.
- Lay half of the eggplant in a baking dish that's been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Top with the ricotta, 1/4 cup of the diced tomatoes that have been blended, half the mozzarella, 1 tablespoon of the Parmesan cheese and half of the Italian seasoning.
- Add the rest of the eggplant on top, then remaining tomatoes, cheese and Italian seasoning. Bake for about 40 minutes or until cheese if browned and bubbly.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Baking Sheets $9 & Up
Diced Tomatoes $2 & Up
Nonstick Cooking Spray $3 & Up
Italian Seasoning $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.