Fresh & Tasty Eggplant Pizza Recipe: A Vegetarian Pizza Recipe for a Healthier Pizza Night by Donna John
Love eggplant? Love pizza? Make eggplant pizzas! Your favorite pizza toppings found a new, healthier home. This eggplant pizza recipe will help you with your low-carb goals and tastes amazing!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 to 25 minutes
Total Time: 40 to 45 minutes
Servings: 3 to 4
- 1 large eggplant, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 tablespoon salt
- olive oil
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 1 cup mozzarella, shredded
- cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- chopped fresh basil
Here’s how you make it:
- Place the eggplant in a colander and sprinkle with the salt. Allow to sit for about 20 minutes. Pat dry with paper towels.
- Put the eggplant on a cookie sheet or pizza stone and brush with olive oil.
- Roast the eggplant in a 400-degree F oven until it just starts to turn tender, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Spread the marina sauce on top of the eggplant, then top with cheese and cherry tomatoes. Sprinkle with a little more cheese and the chopped basil. Put back into the oven for about 5 more minutes.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Pizza Stones $9 & Up
Colanders $8 & Up
Cookie Sheets $6 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
Marinara Sauce $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.