Creamy & Crispy Chickpea Fries Recipe: This Classic Panisse Recipe Is How the French Do Fries by 30Seconds Food
Panisse are fries made out of chickpea flour that are popular in France. They're a gluten-free appetizer that are crispy on the outside and creamy on the inside. Chickpea fries can be eaten as a snack, enjoyed with a glass of wine or served as a side dish for dinner.
Prep Time: 1 hour to 24 hours to chill
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour and 20 minutes to 24 hours
- 1 cup chickpea flour
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cups water (divided)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- vegetable oil, for frying (optional)
Here's how to make it:
- Spray a 9-inch square baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, salt and 1 cup of the water until smooth. Add the olive oil and stir to combine.
- Bring the other 1 cup of water to a boil in a saucepot. Reduce the heat and stir in the batter. Cook, stirring, for about 4 to 5 minutes or until thick. Pour the batter into the baking pan and spread out evenly. Cool the mixture completely and then put it into the refrigerator to chill for at least 1 hour and up to overnight.
- When ready to cook, invert the batter onto a cutting board. Cut into fries with a sharp knife.
- To fry the chickpea fries, heat about 2 inches of vegetable oil in a sauté pan. Add the fries and cook until golden brown and crisp. Remove to paper towels and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- To cook in the oven, place the fries on a greased baking sheet. Broil for about 4 to 5 minutes or until golden on one side. Turn them over and continue to broil about 3 to 4 minutes longer. Season with salt and pepper.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Baking Sheets $9 & Up
9-inch Square Baking Pans $10 & Up
Chickpea Flour $6 & Up
Sea Salt $2 & Up
Nonstick Cooking Spray $3 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
Vegetable Oil $2 & Up
Saucepots $10 & Up
Sauté Pans $10 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.