Easy 20-Minute Cashew Chicken Recipe Is an Asian Dinner Winner by 30Seconds Food
De-li-cious. That's the best word to describe this fantastic skillet Asian chicken recipe! This easy cashew chicken recipe is so simple to make and will become a favorite savory dinner recipe after one bite.
To make this 20-minute cashew chicken recipe you will need just a few ingredients. Here's your shopping list: hoisin sauce, chili garlic sauce, chicken broth, boneless chicken thighs, cornstarch, vegetable oil, onion, garlic, rice wine vinegar and cashews. Grab some green onions, too, for garnishing.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Total Time: 22 minutes
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili garlic sauce
- 3 tablespoons chicken broth or water
- 1 - 1 1/2 pounds boneless chicken thighs, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 - 1 cup cashews
- green onions, for garnish
- Cutting Board
- Chef Knife
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Salt and Pepper
- Mixing Bowl
- Airtight Containers
- You could use boneless, skinless chicken breast for this stir-fry recipe, but we love chicken thighs because they're harder to overcook and are so juicy.
- You could throw in some fresh cut-up vegetables to stretch the recipe or add more nutrition.
- If cashews aren't your thing, use walnuts or almonds (or omit them completely).
Here's how to make it:
- In a small bowl, combine the hoisin, chili garlic sauce and broth. Whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper and put into a bowl. Sprinkle the cornstarch over the chicken and toss to coat.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet. Add the chicken and cook until browned and cooked through, about 6 to 8 minutes.
- Add the onion and cook another 2 to 3 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Sprinkle in the rice wine vinegar and cook 1 minute.
- Pour in the hoisin mixture and cashews. Stir to combine and heat through. Garnish with green onions.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Total Fat: 41.7g
Saturated Fat: 9.2g
Total Carbohydrate: 73.3g
Dietary Fiber: 4g
Total Sugars: 4.6g
Vitamin D: 0mcg
Recipe cooking times, nutritional information and servings are approximate and provided for your convenience. However, 30Seconds is not responsible for the outcome of any recipe, nor may you have the same results because of variations in ingredients, temperatures, altitude, errors, omissions or cooking/baking abilities. This recipe has been analyzed by VeryWellFit. However, any nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and it is up to the individual to ascertain accuracy. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.