Farro Salad Recipe With Sundried Tomatoes: A Healthy Ancient Grain Salad Recipe by 30Seconds Food
Farro is an ancient grain that's packed with healthy fiber, protein, vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. This easy farro salad recipe has a flavorful dressing, fresh herbs, crunchy pine nuts and sun-dried tomatoes.
Serve this easy farro salad recipe as a light lunch or as a side dish with your favorite protein. You could even add some shredded chicken or grilled shrimp to the salad.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Servings: 4 to 6
- 1 cup pearled farro
- 3 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jar (7 - 8 ounces) sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained and chopped (reserve the oil)
- 2 tablespoons reserved sun-dried tomato oil
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh herbs or chopped arugula
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- crumbled feta cheese, for garnish (optional)
Here's how to make it:
- Put the farro, salt and water into a saucepot. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for about 20 minutes or until farro is tender. Drain and set aside.
- Combine the balsamic vinegar, garlic and reserved tomato oil in a small bowl. Whisk to combine. Pour over the farro and toss to combine.
- Add the herbs, sun-dried tomatoes and pine nuts. Season with salt and pepper. Garnish with feta cheese before serving, if desired.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.