Easy Sun-dried Tomato Pesto Recipe: Chef Gigi's Amazing Tomato Pesto Makes Basil Pesto Green With Envy by Chef Gigi Gaggero, Our 30Seconds Resident Chef
If you love basil pesto, you've got to try my amazing sun-dried tomato pesto recipe. Don't worry, my sun-dried tomato pesto includes some basil, too. And it's delicious on pasta, grilled chicken or shrimp, or smeared on toasted bread as an appetizer. Just about anything, really!
Store this bold, flavor-packed pesto in clean glass mason jars and keep refrigerated until needed. It will stay fresh for about seven to 10 days in the refrigerator.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
Servings: Makes about 2 cups
- 1 cup sun-dried tomatoes in olive oil (do not drain)
- 2 - 4 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, packed
- 1/2 cup flat leaf Italian parsley, packed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili flakes (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon capers (optional)
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- olive oil, as needed
Here’s how to make it:
- Add all the ingredients except the Parmesan cheese and the olive oil to the bowl of a food processor or blender. Pulse about 2-3 minutes until a paste begins to form and a hearty consistency is achieved. (Pesto is not meant to be smooth, so don’t over process.)
- Remove the lid and add the cheese. Pulse an additional 30 seconds to an additional minute to blend. Check the consistency. Add olive oil if you prefer a more liquid consistency. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.