Healthy Power Salad Recipe: This Quinoa Salad Recipe From Chef Michael Symon Is Fuel for the Body by Donna John
After flipping through Michael Symon's cookbook, Fix It With Food, I knew the Power Salad would be the first recipe on my list to make. This amazing quinoa, kale and spinach salad recipe is full of flavor, textures and healthy ingredients. You've gotta try it!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (original recipe called for 1 clove garlic)
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 cups finely chopped kale
- 3 cups finely chopped fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup walnuts
Here's how to make it:
- Toast the walnuts in a dry skillet until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Set aside.
- Whisk together the vinaigrette ingredients. Season with salt and pepper. Add the onions and set aside.
- Put the quinoa, water and a little salt into a saucepot. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and cook, partially covered, until quinoa pops open and is tender, about 15 minutes. Remove from the heat and add the dried cherries. Cover and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the onions and vinaigrette, quinoa, kale, spinach and walnuts. Season with salt and pepper, if needed. Toss and serve.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Fix It With Food: Every Meal Easy: Simple and Delicious Recipes for Anyone With Autoimmune Issues and Inflammation $27
Walnuts $4 & Up
Dried Cherries $5 & Up
Quinoa $3 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
Red Wine Vinegar $2 & Up
Dijon Mustard $2 & Up
Honey $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.