A Pastry Chef's Swedish Pancakes Recipe Is What to Make This Week by Gale Gand
The week calls for pancakes! Instead of fluffy pancakes, try this easy Swedish pancake recipe. All you'll need is eggs, milk, flour, sugar, vanilla and butter. These Swedish pancakes mix up quickly and have the perfect taste and texture. Just a few minutes in a skillet or griddle, and you've got an A+ breakfast.
Serve these easy pancakes with lingonberry jam, whipped butter or your favorite pancake toppings. Be sure to make plenty because they'll go fast!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Servings: Makes about 12
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups milk (add another 1/4 cup for lacier pancakes)
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
Here's how to make it:
- In a bowl with a pour spout, whisk together the eggs. Whisk in the milk, then the flour, sugar, salt, vanilla and melted butter.
- Heat a skillet or electric griddle on medium. Add 1 teaspoon butter to melt and foam. Pour 1/4 cup of batter into the pan and tilt to spread it, if needed. Cook until one side is golden brown and the top no longer looks wet. Flip it over to cook on the other side.
Photos: Gale Gand
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Bowls With Spouts $8 & Up
Skillets $10 & Up
Griddles $12 & Up
Flour $3 & Up
Granulated Sugar $2 & Up
Vanilla $4 & Up
Ligonberry Jam $4 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.