3-Ingredient Homemade Teriyaki Sauce Recipe: Skip the Bottled Stuff by 30Seconds Food
You could buy a bottle of teriyaki sauce, but why? This quick and easy three-ingredient teriyaki sauce recipe is just that – three simple ingredients. We've also included a list of optional add-ins that create an even more complex flavor. So easy and so delicious – why wouldn't you make your own?
To make this homemade teriyaki sauce recipe you will need low-sodium soy sauce, cornstarch and honey (and some water). The red pepper flakes are optional. The Asian sauce cooks up on the stovetop in about eight minutes. So quick and easy!
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 0 minutes
Cook Time: 8 minutes
Total Time: 8 minutes
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 4 tablespoons honey
- red pepper flakes to taste, optional
- Here are some optional ingredients you add to this teriyaki sauce: rice wine vinegar, pineapple juice, minced garlic, minced fresh ginger, sesame seeds, minced green onions and crushed red pepper flakes.
- If you want a gluten-free sauce, use gluten-free tamari instead of soy sauce.
- Store the sauce in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Here's how to make it:
- Combine all the ingredients in a saucepot. Whisk until smooth.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and cook, whisking constantly, until it thickens up, about 8 minutes. Cook longer for a thicker sauce.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Total Fat: 0g
Saturated Fat: 0g
Total Carbohydrate: 8.1g
Dietary Fiber: 0g
Total Sugars: 7.3g
Vitamin D: 0mcg
Recipe cooking times, nutritional information and servings are approximate and provided for your convenience. However, 30Seconds is not responsible for the outcome of any recipe, nor may you have the same results because of variations in ingredients, temperatures, altitude, errors, omissions or cooking/baking abilities. This recipe has been analyzed by VeryWellFit. However, any nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and it is up to the individual to ascertain accuracy. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.