20-Minute Cantonese Ground Beef Recipe Has Unbelievable Flavor by 30Seconds Food
Asian flavors bounce off your tongue in this easy Cantonese ground beef recipe. It cooks in 20 minutes and has minimal prep, so you can have this delicious dinner on the table in less than 30 minutes.
Serve this Cantonese beef recipe over rice and consider making some crispy eggrolls or crab wontons to round out the meal. Delish!
Note: we may occasionally reference products based on a contributor’s personal opinion. But 30Seconds is not affiliated or in no way endorses or makes any warranties about specific products. However, 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped fine
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon sherry cooking wine or Shaoxing wine (I used sherry cooking wine)
- 1 can chicken broth (2 cups)
- 3 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon dark soy sauce (or an addition 1 teaspoon low-sodium soy sauce)
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- cooked rice, for serving
Here's how to make it:
- Cook the ground beef and onion in a skillet until beef is browned and cooked through, about 5 minutes. Break it up into small pieces as you stir. Add the garlic and cook 30 seconds.
- Add the sherry and cook about 1 minute. Add the chicken broth, oyster sauce, soy sauce, dark soy sauce (or additional low-sodium soy sauce) and sesame oil. Cook until almost all of the liquid has evaporated, about 10 to 12 minutes. Season with pepper.
- Stir in the peas. Cook about 2 minutes more.
- Combine the cornstarch and water to make a slurry. Add it to the meat mixture.
- Serve over rice. Garnish with chopped green onions and sliced jalapeno, if desired.
Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Skillets $10 & Up
Cooking Sherry $3 & Up
Shaoxing Wine $6 & Up
Chicken Broth $1 & Up
Oyster Sauce $3 & Up
Low Sodium Soy Sauce $3 & Up
Sesame Oil $3 & Up
Dark Soy Sauce $4 & Up
Cornstarch $2 & Up
Rice $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.