Crispy Pan-fried Cod Recipe: This Easy 15-Minute Cod Recipe Doesn't Need a Sauce by 30Seconds Food
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Servings: 4 to 6
- 1 1/2 - 2 pounds cod fillets (or your favorite white fish)
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne (or more to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, for frying
- lemon wedges
Here's how to make it:
- Combine the paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne, oregano and thyme.
- Season the fish with salt and pepper. Sprinkle the seasoning blend on both sides of the fish.
- Put the flour into a shallow bowl. Dredge the seasoned fish in the flour.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet. Add the fish and cook until crispy, browned and cooked through, about 4 to 5 minutes per side depending on thickness of the fish. (You may have to do this in two batches so you don't crowd the pan.) Serve with lemon wedges.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Skillets $10 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
Paprika $3 & Up
Garlic Powder $3 & Up
Onion Powder $3 & Up
Dried Thyme $3 & Up
Dried Oregano $3 & Up
Cayenne $3 & Up
Flour $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.