Moroccan Baked Chickpeas Recipe: This Crunchy Chickpea Recipe Is Packed With Fiber & Protein by Nichole Dandrea-Russert, MS, RDN
Are you looking for an easy, healthy, plant-based snack with the crunch you crave? How about the humble chickpea, full of fiber and protein content. This Moroccan baked chickpeas recipe is from The Fiber Effect.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 1 can (15 ounces) BPA-free chickpeas or 1 1/2 cups homemade chickpeas
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon ground smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Here's how to make it:
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Drain the chickpeas if using canned. Leave a little moisture on them so that the spices stick to the chickpeas. If your chickpeas are homemade without the brine that's found in the can or on the dry side, you could toss them in a teaspoon of avocado oil (veggie broth or water for oil-free) before adding the spices.
- Mix all of the spice ingredients together in a medium bowl until they are blended. Add the chickpeas to the bowl and toss with the spices until the chickpeas are evenly coated.
- Spread the chickpeas on the baking sheet and bake for 40 to 45 minutes, or until crispy, stirring halfway through.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
The Fiber Effect: Stop Counting Calories and Start Counting Fiber for Better Health by Nichole Dandrea-Russert $15
Chickpeas $2 & Up
Ground Cumin $2 & Up
Ground Cinnamon $2 & Up
Garlic Powder $3 & Up
Ground Ginger $3 & Up
Ground Turmeric $4 & Up
Smoked Paprika $3 & Up
Salt $1 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.