Celebrate Oktoberfest With a Rustic German Pizza Recipe (Flammkuchen) That's Super Crispy by 30Seconds Food
Flammkuchen (pronounced flam-KOOK-en), sometimes called tarte flambée, is a German-style pizza that's super crisp and topped with crème fraîche, onions and bacon. The German pizza recipe comes from South Germany and the Alsace region of France.
If you love crisp pizza, give this easy flammkuchen recipe a try! You could substitute refrigerated pizza crust and skip making the dough.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Servings: 1 large pizza
- 2 - 3 tablespoons crème fraîche
- 2 - 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 white, yellow or red onion, sliced thin or chopped
- 6 slices thick bacon, cut into pieces
Here's how to make it:
- Combine the flour, oil, salt and water in a bowl. Use your hands to mix together until it forms a dough. Knead for a few minutes until smooth.
- Cover a baking sheet or pizza pan with parchment paper. Put the dough on the baking sheet and roll out to create a thin crust.
- Combine the crème fraîche and sour cream in a bowl. Spread evenly on the dough. Add the onions and bacon. Season with salt and pepper (more pepper than salt because of the bacon).
- Bake in a preheated 475-degree F oven for about 15 minutes, or until golden. Watch closely because it could burn at this high of a temperature very quickly. Remove from oven, cut into pieces and serve. Garnish with chopped green onions, if desired.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.