Easy Hasselback Potatoes Recipe With Béchamel Sauce for Easter Dinner by 30Seconds Food
Hasselback potatoes were invented by Leif Ellison, a trainee chef at a restaurant called Hasselbacken in Djurgården, an island in Stockholm, Sweden. And we're glad he did!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: Total Time: 1 hour and 15 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour and 25 minutes
- 6 medium potatoes, washed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup shredded Gruyere, fontina, Swiss or white cheddar cheese
- 6 slices cooked bacon, prosciutto or ham, chopped
- béchamel sauce
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan
Here's how to make it:
- Carefully make slices in the potatoes, not going all the way through. (You could use a hasselback potato cutter.) Put them into a baking dish. Season with salt and pepper. Drizzle with olive oil. Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 50 minutes or until cooked through.
- To make béchamel sauce, melt the butter in a sauce pot over medium heat. Whisk in the flour and cook 1 minute. Season with salt. While whisking, start pouring in the warm milk. Add the nutmeg. Cook, stirring constantly, until thick and smooth.
- After potatoes have finished baking, remove them from the oven and stuff the slits with bacon or ham. Sprinkle with the cheeses. Pour the béchamel sauce over the top. Bake another 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and top is lightly browned.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Hasselback Potato Cutters $8 & Up
Baking Pans $8 & Up
Knife Sets $30 & Up
Flour $3 & Up
Nutmeg $4 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.