Easy Hasselback Butternut Squash Recipe Will Help You Win Thanksgiving by 30Seconds Food
This is the perfect side dish for your Thanksgiving table. Not only is it delicious and easy to make, but will impress those relatives!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 40 to 50 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes to 1 hour
Servings: 6 to 8
- 1 large butternut squash
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- chopped fresh parsley, fresh thyme or dried thyme
Here’s how to make it:
- Cut the squash in half and scoop out the seeds. With a vegetable peeler, carefully remove the skin. Place the squash cut side down on a lightly oiled baking pan. Season with salt and pepper. Bake in a preheated 425-degree F oven for about 20 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the melted butter and garlic.
- Take the squash out of the oven. Carefully cut slits into the squash going almost all the way through. Be careful not to cut all the way through. Coat the cut squash halves with the garlic butter.
- Put the squash back into the oven and cook another 20 to 30 minutes, or until tender. Sprinkle with the chopped thyme or parsley before serving.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.