Cheese Soufflé in a Mug Recipe: This Cheese Soufflé Recipe Is Just for Two by 30Seconds Food
It may seem like a lot of trouble for two individual-sized cheese soufflés, but you'll go to your happy place after the first bite. This easy cheese soufflé in a mug recipe will curb that cheese craving (and only takes about 15 minutes).
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- dash of salt
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 cup grated Gruyere or white cheddar cheese (or your favorite cheese)
Here's how to make it:
- Grease two mugs with butter. Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese on the bottom. Set aside.
- Melt the butter in a small sauce pot over medium heat. Whisk in the four.
- Add the milk and whisk until it thickens up. Add the salt. Remove from the heat.
- Add the egg yolks and whisk to combine. Let the mixture cool then pour into a large bowl.
- In another bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff.
- Gently fold half of the egg whites into the egg yolk mixture and add 1/2 the cheese. Fold in the remaining egg whites and the remaining cheese. Divide the mixture between the two mugs.
- Microwave on high for about 3 minutes. If you want the top brown, put it under a broiler for a minute or two, but this is optional.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.