Easy Cheese Soufflé in a Mug Recipe Will Take You to Your Happy Place by 30Seconds Food
Think it takes a lot of time to make a cheese soufflé? Think again. This recipe for two individual-sized cheese soufflés only takes about 20 minutes and will take you to your happy place after the first bite.
This easy cheese soufflé in a mug recipe reminds us of a mug cake, and it will curb that cheese craving. This soufflé recipe makes a wonderful appetizer, an unexpected side dish or even a light lunch!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- dash of salt
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 cup grated Gruyere or white cheddar cheese (or your favorite cheese)
Here's how to make it:
- Grease two mugs with butter. Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese on the bottom. Set aside.
- Melt the butter in a small sauce pot over medium heat. Whisk in the four.
- Add the milk and whisk until it thickens up. Add the salt. Remove from the heat.
- Add the egg yolks and whisk to combine. Let the mixture cool then pour into a large bowl.
- In another bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff.
- Gently fold half of the egg whites into the egg yolk mixture and add 1/2 the cheese. Fold in the remaining egg whites and the remaining cheese. Divide the mixture between the two mugs.
- Microwave on high for about 3 minutes. If you want the top brown, put it under a broiler for a minute or two, but this is optional.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.