Easy Soufflé Pancakes Recipe: Japanese Pancakes = Light & Fluffy by 30Seconds Food
Japanese soufflé pancakes are thick, light and fluffy. Everything we love about a pancake recipe! Because they are made like a soufflé– egg whites are gently folded in to create the airy batter. This easy Japanese soufflé pancake recipe is a welcome change from that flat pancake.
All you need to make these amazing, light as air pancakes is eggs, sugar, milk, vanilla extract, flour, baking powder and a pinch of salt. The egg whites are beaten until still and folded into the batter, creating the soufflé-like pancakes. Delicious!
Serve these soufflé-like pancakes with your favorite pancakes toppings (pancake syrup, maple syrup, honey, whipped cream) and a side of fresh fruit. You could even add a side of crisp bacon of breakfast sausage.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 8 egg whites
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- dash of salt
Here's how to make it:
- With an electric mixer, beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- Combine the egg yolks, sugar, milk and vanilla in a bowl.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
- Fold the egg whites into the batter.
- Grease a large skillet with a lid and metal ring molds. Heat the skillet on low heat.
- Pour the batter into the molds to fill up about 2/3 full. Cover the skillet and cook the pancakes about 10 minutes or until center is still just a little loose.
- Release the ring molds and carefully flip the pancakes over. Cook about 5 more minutes.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.