Shortcut Mexican Mole Chicken Enchilada Recipe Is Ready in Under an Hour by 30Seconds Food
Mole is a classic Mexican sauce that usually contains a long list of ingredients like chiles, herbs, spices, sweeteners like chocolate, nuts and seeds. This easy mole chicken enchiladas recipe has a simplified mole sauce to make it easier for home cooks to recreate the dish in less time. The easy mole sauce enchiladas cook in 25 minutes.
These cheesy mole chicken enchiladas are wonderful served with cool, creamy guacamole or pico de gallo. You could substitute ground beef for the chicken, too, or just use cheese for a vegetarian enchilada.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 2 cups hot water
- 4 dried ancho chiles, stems and seeds removed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 can (15 ounces) fire roasted tomatoes
- 5 cloves garlic
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 8 flour tortillas
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 3 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Soaking the chiles softens them, so do not skip this step.
- If you don't have leftover chicken, use rotisserie chicken.
Here's how to make it:
- To make the mole sauce, soak the ancho chiles in the hot water for about 15 minutes. Pour the mixture into a blender. Add the remaining ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Spread about a 1/2 cup of the mole sauce on the bottom of a 13x9-inch baking pan.
- To each tortilla, add some chicken, cheese and onion. Drizzle with a little mole sauce. Roll up and place seam side down in the baking pan.
- Pour the remaining mole over the enchiladas. Cover the enchiladas with foil and bake in a preheated 400-degree F oven for about 15 minutes. Uncover and bake about 10 minutes more.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Total Fat: 15.2g
Saturated Fat: 6.8g
Total Carbohydrate: 30.4g
Dietary Fiber: 4.7g
Total Sugars: 10.2g
Vitamin D: 0mcg
Recipe cooking times, nutritional information and servings are approximate and provided for your convenience. However, 30Seconds is not responsible for the outcome of any recipe, nor may you have the same results because of variations in ingredients, temperatures, altitude, errors, omissions or cooking/baking abilities. This recipe has been analyzed by VeryWellFit. However, any nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and it is up to the individual to ascertain accuracy. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.