Easy Authentic Indian Shrimp Curry Masala Recipe Spices Up Dinner by 30Seconds Food
Curry dishes can warm the soul on a cold fall or winter night. This flavorful Indian shrimp curry masala recipe is the perfect excuse to use that spice rack or add to your spice collection. The spices all meld together creating an irresistible recipe the whole family will enjoy.
To make this shrimp curry recipe you will need tomatoes, fresh garlic or garlic paste, fresh ginger, jalapenos, coriander, turmeric, crushed red pepper flakes, ground cumin, shrimp, fenugreek leaves, garam masala, chaat masala and lemons for juicing. The curry cooks up on the stovetop in about 25 minutes.
Serve this easy curry recipe over basmati or jasmine rice. Delicious!
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic paste or 5 cloves garlic, smashed into a paste
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 jalapeno, seeds and ribs removed and minced
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon fenugreek leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 2 teaspoons chaat masala
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Lemon Juicer
- Cutting Board
- Chef Knife
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Salt and Pepper
- Airtight Containers
- Garlic Press
Here's how to clean shrimp:
- Rinse the shrimp under cold water.
- If you bought shrimp with heads on, carefully remove the head (some recipes do call for shrimp with heads on).
- Carefully remove the legs.
- Remove the shell.
- You can remove the tail now or leave it on. That is based on personal preference and the recipe you are making.
- Carefully run a sharp knife just on the surface of the back and rinse out the vein.
Here's how to make it:
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat and add the tomatoes. Cook, stirring, until they cook down and get thick, about 10 minutes.
- Add the garlic paste, ginger, jalapeno, coriander, turmeric, crushed red pepper flakes and cumin. Cook, stirring, about 1 minute. Pour in the water and bring to a simmer. Cook until the water is almost evaporated.
- Add the shrimp about cook about 3 to 5 minutes or until shrimp are cooked through.
- Add the fenugreek leaves, garam masala, chaat masala and lemon juice. Stir and cook about 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper. Serve over rice.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Total Fat: 12.9g
Saturated Fat: 2.8g
Total Carbohydrate: 9.6g
Dietary Fiber: 2.1g
Total Sugars: 2.9g
Vitamin D: 0mcg
Recipe cooking times, nutritional information and servings are approximate and provided for your convenience. However, 30Seconds is not responsible for the outcome of any recipe, nor may you have the same results because of variations in ingredients, temperatures, altitude, errors, omissions or cooking/baking abilities. This recipe has been analyzed by VeryWellFit. However, any nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and it is up to the individual to ascertain accuracy. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.