Grandma's Asparagus Soup Recipe: This Creamy Asparagus Soup Is So Simple & Tastes Like Spring by 30Seconds Food
We all need a little spring in our step these days, and asparagus is a great way to feel that energy. And, when you blend asparagus with broth and cream, you get a velvety asparagus soup that's ready in less than 30 minutes. Seriously!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Servings: 6 to 8
- 1 1/2 pounds asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- olive oil and chopped fresh herbs, for garnish
Here's how to make it:
- Melt the butter in a soup pot. Cook the onion until soft, about 4 minutes. Add the garlic and cook 30 seconds.
- Add the asparagus and cook about 5 minutes.
- Pour in the broth and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper. Simmer for about 10 minutes or until asparagus are soft.
- Use an immersion blender and puree in the pot or pour the soup into a blender, blend until smooth and return to pot.
- Add the cream and heat through. Do not boil. Taste and add more salt and pepper, if needed. Garnish with a drizzle of olive oil and chopped fresh herbs.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Immersion Blenders $15 & Up
Blenders $20 & Up
Soup Pots $8 & Up
Soup Bowls $7 & Up
Chicken Broth $1 & Up
Vegetable Broth $2 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.