This Creamy Asparagus Rice Recipe Is the Side Dish You Need This Easter by 30Seconds Food
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups white rice
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bunch of asparagus, trimmed and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 3 cups vegetable broth or chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
Here's how to make it:
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet. Add the onion and cook until soft, about 3 minutes. Add the rice and cook, stirring, until it begins to brown lightly, about 4 minutes. Add the garlic and cook 30 seconds.
- Pour about 3 cups of the broth into the skillet. Stir to combine. Cover, reduce heat and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Add the asparagus. Cover and continue to cook until the liquid has absorbed, about 10 minutes.
- When rice is tender, add the whipping cream, cheese and butter. Season with salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Skillets $10 & Up
Long Grain White Rice $2 & Up
Vegetable Broth $2 & Up
Chicken Broth $1 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.