Creamy Mushroom & Pea Risotto Recipe Is an Italian Favorite (Ready In About 30 Minutes) by 30Seconds Food
Risotto is a creamy rice dish that originated in Northern Italy, and there's nothing quite like a perfectly cooked risotto. Depending on the ingredients you use, risotto can be made lighter, as a delicious side dish, or heartier, as a substantial main dish.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 to 25 minutes
Total Time: 25 to 30 minutes
- 4 - 5 cups chicken broth (or vegetable broth, if making vegetarian)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, diced fine
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) sliced mushrooms
- 2 cups Arborio rice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 stick butter
Here's how to make it:
- Heat the chicken broth in a saucepot on low heat.
- In a soup pot, heat the olive oil and cook the onions until soft, about 3 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds more. Add the mushrooms and cook until they begin to brown and are soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add the rice to the pot and cook, stirring, about 2 minutes. Add the wine and cook until it's almost all evaporated, about 2 minutes.
- Start adding the broth, a 1/2 cup at a time. Cook until it is absorbed then add another 1/2 cup. After adding about 3 cups of the broth, taste the rice and see if it is tender. If not, continue adding broth until rice is done.
- When rice is tender, stir in the peas and cook about 2 minutes.
- Remove the rice from the heat and stir in the grated Parmesan and butter. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Mix well. Garnish with additional grated Parmesan cheese.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Saucepots $8 & Up
Soup Pots $10 & Up
Risotto Cookbooks $5 & Up
Arborio Rice $4 & Up
Chicken Broth $1 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.