Creamy Mushroom & Pea Risotto Recipe Is an Italian Favorite (Ready In About 30 Minutes) by 30Seconds Food
Risotto is a creamy rice dish that originated in Northern Italy, and there's nothing quite like a perfectly cooked risotto. Depending on the ingredients you use, risotto can be made lighter, as a delicious side dish, or heartier, as a substantial main dish.
This mushroom and pea risotto recipe would be a wonderful grain side dish, lunch or vegetarian dinner. It's so easy to make, and is ready in only about 30 minutes.
If you'd like to add a protein to this easy mushroom and peas risotto recipe, it pairs well with grilled chicken or beef. If you're a rice lover, this may become one of your favorite rice recipes!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 to 25 minutes
Total Time: 25 to 30 minutes
- 4 - 5 cups chicken broth (or vegetable broth, if making vegetarian)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, diced fine
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) sliced mushrooms
- 2 cups Arborio rice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 stick butter
Here's how to make it:
- Heat the chicken broth in a saucepot on low heat.
- In a soup pot, heat the olive oil and cook the onions until soft, about 3 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds more. Add the mushrooms and cook until they begin to brown and are soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add the rice to the pot and cook, stirring, about 2 minutes. Add the wine and cook until it's almost all evaporated, about 2 minutes.
- Start adding the broth, a 1/2 cup at a time. Cook until it is absorbed then add another 1/2 cup. After adding about 3 cups of the broth, taste the rice and see if it is tender. If not, continue adding broth until rice is done.
- When rice is tender, stir in the peas and cook about 2 minutes.
- Remove the rice from the heat and stir in the grated Parmesan and butter. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Mix well. Garnish with additional grated Parmesan cheese.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Saucepots $8 & Up
Soup Pots $10 & Up
Risotto Cookbooks $5 & Up
Arborio Rice $4 & Up
Chicken Broth $1 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.