French Omelette Recipe: This Herbs de Provence Omelette Recipe Takes 10 Minutes & May Bring You Joy by Java Hemmat
My intention for 2021 is to live with joy everyday. The old version of me saved the fancy breakfast recipe for brunch. Today, on a random Tuesday, I'm making a classic French omelette and living in bliss. Since embracing the "living with joy" philosophy, I live more creatively, with compassion, and at peace. With this recipe, you can nourish as is or add veggies, cheeses, and even extra protein such as salmon. I'm filling mine with a mini salad to keep me energized through the day.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 tablespoon milk (use cream if you would like a fluffier omelette)
- 1 teaspoon Provence seasoning or your favorite herbs de provence
Here's how to make it:
- Whisk eggs, milk, Provence seasoning and salt and pepper, to taste, together.
- In a cool skillet over medium heat, add butter. When it foams, pour in the egg mixture. Immediately give it a few stirs (as though you’re making scrambled eggs), then when the base just starts to set, spread it all out to cover the base. Wait 20 to 30 seconds, then use a rubber spatula to lift up the edge and tilt pan to make the egg run off the surface under the omelette. Repeat two or three times around the edges of the omelette.
- If adding toppings, sprinkle half the omelette with melty cheese and veggies. I'm adding my raw greens after I plate the omelette.
- Cover with lid and cook for 30 seconds or until the underside is light golden. Fold the omelette and serve.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Skillets $10 & Up
Omelette Pans $8 & Up
Spatulas $3 & Up
Herbs de Provence $4 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.