Easy Apple Pie Baked Oatmeal Recipe Is Like Dessert for Breakfast by Elisa Schmitz, 30Seconds
Dessert for breakfast? Yes, please! The pumpkin baked oatmeal recipe inspired by the viral TikTok baked oatmeal craze sounded so good that I decided to make it, even though I didn’t have any pumpkin. I used the same basic recipe, but pivoted to apple cinnamon instead.
- I peeled and diced four honey crisp apples and I also added an additional cup of oats and another 3/4 cup of almond milk to ensure plenty of leftovers. (I’m a big fan of my 13x9-inch baking pan.)
- I added a 1/2 cup of chopped pecans, a 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts and an extra teaspoon of cinnamon for good measure.
It turned out even more delicious than I expected. It has a cake-like consistency, yet it tastes like apple pie, so I topped it with a bit of Redi-whip whipped cream, just for fun. What a great new way to eat oatmeal! Here's the original recipe, modified with my additions.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Servings: 4 to 6
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- dash of salt
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 apples, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 1/4 cups almond milk or regular milk
- 3 egg whites
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
Here's how to make it:
- Combine the oats, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice in a bowl.
- Combine the apples, milk, egg whites, vanilla, maple syrup and nuts in another bowl.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Mix well. Pour into an 13x9-inch baking pan. Bake in a preheated 375-degree F oven for about 30 minutes.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
13x9-inch Baking Pans $9 & Up
Rolled Oats $2 & Up
Walnuts $4 & Up
Pecans $4 & Up
Cinnamon $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.