Easy Down & Dirty Cajun Rice Recipe Would Make Louisiana Proud by 30Seconds Food
Dirty rice is a Cajun staple that's seen on tables all across the south. Don't let its name turn you off, because this down and dirty rice dish is delish and easy to make.
Ground beef is browned in a skillet before an onion, bell pepper, celery and garlic are added to soften. Cajun seasoning, rice and beef broth are introduced and the rice simmers for about 20 minutes or until cooked. Sprinkle on some chopped green onions and you have a flavor-packed rice side dish.
This easy dirty rice recipe pairs well with sausage, chicken, seafood, pork or beef – or you can serve it as a main dish. This recipe is perfect anytime, but with Mardi Gras season in full swing, it's a must make ASAP.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 35 to 40 minutes
Total Time: 40 to 45 minutes
Servings: 4 to 6
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 1 1/2 cups white rice
- 3 1/2 cups beef broth
- chopped green onion, for garnish
- chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
Here's how to make it:
- Brown the ground beef in a Dutch oven, breaking it up with a spatula as it cooks.
- Add the onion, bell pepper, celery, garlic and Cajun seasoning. Cook until vegetables start to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Add the rice and beef broth. Bring the mixture to a boil, reduce heat and cook, covered, for about 20 to 25 minutes, or until rice is cooked.
- Let the rice sit about 5 minutes, then fluff with a fork. Sprinkle with the green onions.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Dutch Ovens $10 & Up
Cajun Seasoning $3 & Up
White Rice $2 & Up
Beef Broth $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.