Short Ribs Recipe: Fall-Off-the-Bone Short Ribs Braised With Red Wine Sauce by 30Seconds Food
Short ribs braised in a red wine sauce are fall-off-the-bone deliciousness. Serve this easy short rib recipe with homemade mashed potatoes.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 3 hours and 10 minutes
Total Time: 3 hours and 15 minutes
- 3 pounds short ribs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 bottle red wine (cabernet or merlot work well)
- 1 cup beef stock
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
Here's how to make it:
- Season the ribs with salt and pepper. Heat the olive oil in a Dutch oven. Brown the ribs on all sides, working in batches. Remove to a plate.
- Add the carrots, onion and garlic. Cook about 5 minutes. Add the tomato paste and cook about 30 seconds more.
- Pour in the wine and beef stock. Add the bay leaves and thyme. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Place the ribs back into the wine liquid, making sure they are completely covered. Bake in a preheated 325-degree F oven for about 3 hours. When ribs are tender, remove and place on a serving platter.
- Strain the liquid to remove any solids into a sauce pot. Bring to a boil and reduce by half. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Pour over the ribs and serve.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Dutch Ovens $20 & Up
Sauce Pots $10 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
Tomato Paste $1 & Up
Beef Stock $2 & Up
Dried Thyme $3 & Up
Bay Leaves $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.