Bacon-Wrapped Ribs Recipe: Are You Kidding Me? by 30Seconds Food
America loves mouthwatering, tender, slow-smoked ribs. So, what could be better than tossing a slab on the smoker? How about wrapping those ribs in delicious, smoky bacon.
These bacon-wrapped ribs, created by the world’s top rib maker, Robert “BBQ Bob” Trudnak, has “you gotta try this” written all over it. It’s juicy, insanely flavorful and fall-off-the-bone barbecue goodness. Wake up your taste buds even more and slather the ribs with a tasty addition. With three sauces to choose from, there’s something that’s sure to please everyone.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 3 1/2 hours for ribs
Total Time: 3 hours and 35 minutes
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1 large red jalapeno, seeded
- 1/3 cup Italian flat leaf parsley
- 2 teaspoons fresh oregano
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 ounces capers
- 3 egg yolks
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 freshly squeezed lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon flat leaf parsley
Sweet and Spicy Asian Cream
Here’s how to make it:
- Set up Monolith or other grill for indirect cooking using the second tier stainless grid on top of the standard grate. Place a drip pan between the main and second tier grid. Set Guru control to 275 degrees F.
- Remove the membrane from the back of the ribs. Cut the rack into individual ribs while they are still raw. Season each rib with a slather of Sriracha then dust with Alpha Rub (or use salt, pepper and garlic powder).
- Wrap each rib in two or three pieces of bacon (whatever it takes to cover the whole rib in bacon). Season each rib again with Alpha Rub then place into the refrigerator for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Place the ribs on the grill and cook for about 3 hours or until the bacon is completely rendered and the ribs are an internal temp of 200 degrees F. Serve with warm BBQ sauce to dip or trio of dips.
- To make chimichurri: Place all ingredients except for the olive oil into a food processor. Pulse the ingredients to blend slowly adding the olive oil to the mixture. Taste the chimichurri for balance. Add salt, vinegar or olive oil depending on your personal taste.
- To make garlic aioli: Place all ingredients except for the olive oil into a food processor. Pulse the ingredients to blend slowly adding the olive oil to the mixture. Taste for balance, add salt if needed and place in the fridge to set for 1 hour.
- To make sweet and spicy Asian cream: Combine ingredients and mix well with a spoon. Place into a squeeze bottle and place in fridge for 30 minutes to allow flavors to blend.
This video is longer than 30 seconds, but we think it's worth it.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.