Crispy Gold Rush Chicken Wings Recipe Is Game Day MVP by 30Seconds Food
Mustard lovers beware! This crunchy fried mustard-glazed chicken wings recipe may push you over the edge. No dipping sauce required. The wings are crispy, juicy and not lacking in flavor. You will feel like you've struck gold with this appetizer recipe.
To make these pan-fried chicken wings you will need chicken wings, flour, seasoned salt, garlic powder, vegetable oil for frying, butter, hot sauce, yellow mustard and Worcestershire sauce. The wings are fried in a skillet until crispy and golden brown. After the wings are cooked, they are drenched in the mustardy sauce. Oh, my.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 2 pounds chicken wings
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- vegetable oil, for frying
- Poppy Seeds
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Cast Iron Skillet
- Salt and Pepper
- Baking Sheet
- Mixing Bowl
- Food Storage Bags
- Airtight Containers
- Try other kinds of mustard in this recipe like spicy brown, whole grain or Dijon.
- If preferred you could bake the chicken wings in the oven.
- Store any leftover wings in an airtight container in the fridge for up to four days.
Here's how to make it:
- Combine the flour, seasoned salt and garlic powder in a plastic zipper bag. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Add the wings and shake to coat. Place on a baking sheet and refrigerate about an hour (this step is optional, but does help the coating stick to the wings).
- To make the sauce, put all the sauce ingredients into a pot. Bring to a low simmer and cook about 10 minutes.
- To fry the chicken wings, heat about 2 inches of oil in a skillet to about 350 degrees F. Cook half of the wings until browned on both sides and cooked through, about 12 to 14 minutes. Drain on paper towels. Repeat with remaining wings.
- Put the cooked wings into a bowl and pour the sauce over. Garnish with poppy seeds, if desired.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Total Fat: 16.5g
Saturated Fat: 5.5g
Total Carbohydrate: 17.1g
Dietary Fiber: 1.4g
Total Sugars: 4.5g
Vitamin D: 2mcg
Recipe cooking times, nutritional information and servings are approximate and provided for your convenience. However, 30Seconds is not responsible for the outcome of any recipe, nor may you have the same results because of variations in ingredients, temperatures, altitude, errors, omissions or cooking/baking abilities. This recipe has been analyzed by VeryWellFit. However, any nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and it is up to the individual to ascertain accuracy. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.