Easy Vanilla Raspberry Roll Cake Recipe Will Impress Holiday Guests by 30Seconds Food
The holiday season calls for fancy cakes to impress friends, family and yourself. What could be fancier than this vanilla raspberry roll cake recipe? And this Christmas cake is easy to make! Don't let a rolled cake intimidate you. You can do it.
This delicious vanilla and raspberry roll cake is sure to impress even the pickiest of palates. The homemade cake is moist, the raspberry filling sweet and tart, and the whipped cream topping lightens everything up. Chocolate curls or grated chocolate would make a pretty – and yummy – addition to the toppings on this festive holiday cake.
Prep Time: 40 minutes plus 1 hour to chill
Cook Time: 10 to 12 minutes
Total Time: approximately 2 hours
Servings: Makes 1 cake
- 6 eggs, separated
- 1 cup granulated sugar (divided)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup sifted cake flour
- powdered sugar, for rolling cake
- 2/3 cup raspberry preserves
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 - 4 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 6 ounces fresh raspberries
- whipped cream
- fresh raspberries
Here's how to make it:
- Whisk the egg whites with an electric mixer until foamy. Gradually add in 1/2 cup of the sugar. Beat until medium peaks form. Set aside.
- In another bowl, add the egg yolks and remaining 1/2 cup sugar and beat 3 minutes. Gently fold in the egg whites. Do not overmix.
- Slowly incorporate the cake flour into the batter until smooth. Pour into a jelly roll pan that's been sprayed with baking spray or lined with parchment paper. Bake in a preheated 375-degree F oven until golden, about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Lay a piece of parchment paper on a work surface and dust generously with powdered sugar. Remove the cake from the oven, loosen the edges with a knife and carefully invert the cake onto the parchment paper. Carefully remove the parchment paper that was lining the pan and discard. While the cake is warm, roll it up, rolling the powdered sugar and new parchment paper with it. Cool to room temperature.
- While the cake cools, combine the heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar and vanilla in a bowl. Beat until medium peaks form.
- Mash half of the raspberries in a small bowl. Fold them into the cream filling.
- When cool, unroll the cake. Spread the raspberry preserves in a thin layer on the cake. Top with the raspberry cream.
- Carefully re-roll the cake and place on a serving platter. Cover with foil and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- When ready to serve, top with additional whipped cream and raspberries.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Electric Mixers $15 & Up
Parchment Paper $3 & Up
Granulated Sugar $3 & Up
Vanilla $3 & Up
Powdered Sugar $3 & Up
Cake Flour $3 & Up
Raspberry Preserves $3 & Up
Jelly Roll Pan $10 & Up
Serving Platters $8 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.