Christmas Peppermint Meringue Kisses Recipe May Get You a Smooch From Santa by 30Seconds Food
Light and airy, these peppermint meringue kisses will go fast. These Christmas peppermint candies are made with egg whites, sugar, peppermint extract and cream of tartar. Add some food coloring and the result is adorable holiday candy perfect for snacking on or decorating with.
For fancier meringues, dip the bottoms into melted chocolate and then into crushed peppermint candy. They are almost too pretty to eat. Almost! These peppermint meringue candies make a fun Christmas food gift. And leave a plate for Santa!
Prep Time: 15 minutes plus 2 to 3 hours to dry
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 3 hours and 15 minutes to 4 hours and 15 minutes
- 3 egg whites
- dash of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 3/4 cup superfine sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- red food coloring (gel food coloring works best)
Here's how to make it:
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees F. Cover two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- With a electric mixer, beat the egg whites and salt together until foamy. Add the cream of tarter and beat until soft peaks form. Continue to beat and slowly add in the sugar, about 1 tablespoon at a time. Beat until stiff peaks form. Add the peppermint extract and beat until combined.
- Fit a cake decorating bag with a round cake decorating tip. Dip a small paintbrush into the red food coloring and paint lines down the sides of the bag. Fill the bag with the meringue, trying not to disturb the food coloring lines too much.
- Pipe small mounts of the meringue onto the cookie sheets. Bake in the preheated oven for about 1 hour. Turn off the oven and open the door for a few minutes to release some of the heat. Shut the oven door and leave the meringues in to dry, about 2 to 3 hours.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Cake Decorating Bags $5 & Up
Cake Decorating Tips $4 & Up
Craft Paint Brushes $5 & Up
Electric Mixers $15 & Up
Cookie Sheets $6 & Up
Parchment Paper $3 & Up
Red Food Coloring $3 & Up
Food Coloring $3 & Up
Gel Food Coloring $4 & Up
Superfine Sugar $4 & Up
Cream of Tarter $3 & Up
Peppermint Extract $2 & Up
Chocolate Chips $3 & Up
Candy Canes $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.