Spicy Sweet Potato & Kale Recipe: This Healthy Kale & Sweet Potato Recipe Is Anything But Boring by 30Seconds Food
If you're trying to have a healthier Thanksgiving this year, you're going to get real excited about this sweet potato and kale recipe. With cumin and chili powder, it lets you know it's at the table.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 to 25 minutes
Total Time: 30 to 35 minutes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (divided)
- 1 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into cubes
- 4 teaspoons ground cumin (divided)
- 2 teaspoons chili powder (divided)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bunch kale, shredded
- 2 tablespoons water
Here's how to make it:
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet. Add the sweet potatoes and cook for 5 to 6 minutes or until soft. Add half the cumin and half the chili powder, and continue to cook until potatoes begin to get golden brown, about 8 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, to taste, and pour into a bowl.
- To the same skillet, add the remaining olive oil. Add the garlic and cook about 1 minute, then add the shredded kale. Cook, stirring, until it begins to wilt. Add the remaining cumin, chili powder and the water. Cook until kale is tender, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Put the sweet potatoes back into the pot with the cooked kale. Stir to combine. Add more salt and pepper, if needed. Serve.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Skillets $8 & Up
Vegetable Peelers $5 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
Ground Cumin $2 & Up
Chili Powder $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.