Haricots Verts Recipe With Brown Buttered Almonds & Caramelized Onions Are Fancy Pants Green Beans by Chef Gigi Gaggero, Our 30Seconds Resident Chef
I love to cook French beans. Haricots verts are delicious and so tender. My family loves this easy haricots verts side dish recipe.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 12 ounces haricots verts, root ends trimmed
- 4 ounces unsalted butter or 2 - 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 - 3 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 onion, thinly sliced julienne or 4 large shallots
- 3 - 4 tablespoons chicken broth, vegetable stock or white wine
- 2 springs fresh thyme
- squeeze fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 - 1 cup browned buttered almonds (see recipe below)
Here’s how you make them:
- Bring a small saucepan of salted water to a boil. Add the haricots verts and cook until just tender, about 1 minute. Transfer with a slotted spoon to an ice bath. Drain. Pat dry.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Add the onions and sauté until edges are browning and they become caramelized. Add the garlic and continue to cook an additional minute.
- Add the haricots verts and salt and pepper to taste, and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes, or until just heated through and crisp-tender.
- Deglaze the pan very quickly with the chicken stock. Add the fresh thyme and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice and toss. Add toasted almonds. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
Browned Butter Almonds
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 1 bag (8 ounces) almonds
Here's how to make it:
- In a large pan over medium heat melt the butter. Add the almonds and sauté, stirring constantly, until golden and fragrant, about 3 to 5 minutes. The almonds will brown fast in the butter so be sure to remove them from the hot pan and cool quickly, or you will risk over browning.
- Dust with salt and pepper while warm.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.