Easy German Rollmops Recipe: How to Make Quick German-Style Stuffed Pickled Herring by 30Seconds Food
Rollmops are pickled herring that's stuffed with mustard, pickles and onion, rolled into a cylinder and brined. These fish rolls are a staple in Germany and Poland. Serve as an appetizer or with potatoes and bread for dinner.
- 8 herring fillets
- 2 tablespoons black pepper, or to taste
- 2 tablespoons Polish grainy mustard or Dusseldorf-style prepared mustard
- 1 onion, chopped fine (divided)
- pickles, cut into long strips
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
Here's how to make it:
- Sprinkle each herring fillet with some of the pepper. Spread on the mustard and half of the the onion. Put a piece of pickle at the end of each fillet and roll up. Secure with a toothpick. Place them in an airtight container or jar.
- In a sauce pot, combine the vinegar, water, bay leaf and remaining onion. Bring to a boil, turn off the heat and allow it to cool. Add the vegetable oil.
- Pour the brine over the herring fillets. Cover and refrigerate at least three days before eating.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.